Thursday, May 9, 2013

Camp Hilbert Mountain Bike Race - Movie and re-cap

I've been meaning to produce a race video for Run Ride Race's Camp Hilbert Mountain Bike Race series for a while now.

I finally was able to get enough free time to edit through my roughly 2 hours of footage and create a short energetic movie based on one of these races from 2012. I think you will find that the results are pretty cool.

Crank up the settings to HD and crank up the sound.


This was my second time racing in the expert class at Hilbert and it was a real learning experience for me. I traded a lot of paint in the 1st 2 laps and found it much more difficult to capitalize on my strengths in descending and fast trail work. All of the expert racers are very fast and I found myself fading back a bit on the climbs and then re-catching the group in the fast sections and having to back off. It's tough to make a pass stick when everyone is so strong at climbing. I would catch up and pass on a descent only to get re-passed on a climb. I think I'll need to try and get closer to hole shot next time and work on my climbing strength.

All in all this was a great race for me an I got my first expert podium spot with a 3rd place finish.

Make sure to check out more racing at www.runriderace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment